Membership in FinancialEdge Credit Union is open to:
- Individuals who reside, are employed, or who worship in the counties of Arenac, Bay, Midland, or Saginaw Michigan.
- Any person over the age of 55 who receives a retirement annuity, pension, social security, or similar retirement payment from private or government sources, and lives in, or belongs to a retirement organization located in the county, or in a county contiguous to the county where the credit union’s main office is located.
- Employees of this credit union.
- Members of the immediate families of the foregoing.
- Organizations incorporated or otherwise, composed for the most part of the same general group making up the membership outlined above.
- A spouse of a deceased member if elected to membership prior to remarriage.
To become a member of the Credit Union, you must complete a Membership Application and open a Share Account. The basic share deposit that you must always keep in your Share Account to retain membership is $5.00.
If you have questions or would like to become a member, please call our please call our Member Contact Center at (989) 892-6088 or (800) 610-2764 and press 5, or stop by one of our branch locations.
Dedicated to being an integral part of members' lives and our community since 1950.
Innovative financial services designed to fit today's lifestyles and tomorrow's ambitions.
Professional service with a personal touch.
FinancialEdge is committed to providing exceptional service.
We value members' financial well-being and strive to help them achieve their financial goals.
We combine personal service with modern technology; continuously providing members with more convenient ways to handle their finances.
As a member-owned financial institution, FinancialEdge is dedicated to the core credit union philosophy of "People Helping People" - serving our community through sponsorship, volunteerism, education and leadership.
Our focus remains: Commitment. Value. Excellence. It's all about the Members.
FinancialEdge is a not-for-profit financial cooperative owned and operated by its members. Organized in 1950, FinancialEdge was first known as Bay City Municipal Federal Credit Union and later expanded through mergers and acquisition of new employer groups to become Bay Governmental Credit Union. Like many credit unions in Michigan, application was made in 2003 for a community charter allowing the credit union to serve a larger geographical area and became known as we are today: FinancialEdge Community Credit Union. Our purpose remains dedicated to being an integral part of members' lives and our community with innovative financial services designed to fit today's lifestyles and tomorrow's ambitions.
Our sole purpose is to assist our members in the sound management of their financial affairs. We are committed to providing high return savings and competitive sources of credit.
As a credit union member you share in the earnings through dividends paid on savings and reduced rates on loans. Each member also receives one vote, no matter how much he or she has on deposit. Elections are held each year at the Annual Meeting to fill open positions on the Board and the Credit Committee. The Supervisory Committee members are elected by the Board of Directors at a special organizational meeting.
The Board, Committees, CEO, and Staff of the credit union have responsibilities to be carried out in accordance with the credit union´s by-laws. The Board is responsible for the overall operation of the credit union. It sets policy. Staffing and the day-to-day operation of the credit union are the responsibilities of the CEO. The CEO reports to the Board regularly. The Credit Committee acts on loan requests, and the Supervisory Committee is responsible for the yearly credit union audit.
Everyone loves to save, especially on products and services you use every day. That's what Love My Credit Union Rewards is all about. Members have saved nearly $2 billion in discounts from valued partners through Love My Credit Union Rewards. You can save too with valuable discounts from these partners:
- $100 cash reward with every new line activated with Sprint! Current customers will receive a $50 cash reward for every line transferred into Sprint Credit Union Member Cash Rewards. Plus, get a $50 loyalty cash reward every year for every line.*
- Save up to $15 on TurboTax federal products!
- Get an exclusive smoke communicator and a $100 gift card with a new ADT monitored home security system. Call 844-703-0123 to activate this special offer.
- Get trusted protection at true savings with the TruStage Auto & Home Insurance Program.
- Shop and get cash back at over 1,500 online retailers with Love to Shop
*Activ. Fee: Up to $30/line. Credit approval req. Sprint Credit Union Member Cash Rewards Offer: Offer Ends 12/31/2017. Avail. for eligible credit union members and member employees (ongoing verification). Tax ID req. to establish business acct. Switch to Sprint and receive a $100 cash reward for each new smartphone line activation. Reqs. port-in from an active number (wireless or landline). Existing customers receive a $100 cash reward for each new smartphone line activation and/or a $50 cash reward for each smartphone line transferred to program. New lines req. activation at point of sale. Max 15 lines. Sprint acct must remain active and in good standing for 31 days to receive Cash Reward. Excludes MBB devices, tablets and Sprint Phone Connect, upgrades, replacements and ports made between Sprint entities or providers associated with Sprint (i.e. Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, Common Cents Mobile and Assurance.) May not be combinable with other offers. $50 Loyalty Cash Reward: Members can earn one $50 cash reward annually when Sprint acct remains active and in good standing for 1 year. Max 15 lines. Cash Reward: Cash Reward issued by CU Solutions Group. Allow 6-8 wks for Cash Reward to be deposited to your Credit Union acct. If the Cash Reward does not appear after 8 wks, visit lovemycreditunion.org/sprintrewards. Other Terms: Offers/coverage not avail. everywhere or for all phones/networks. May not be combinable with other offers. Offer, terms, restrictions, and options subject to change and may be modified, discontinued, or terminated at any time without notice. Restrictions apply. © 2016 Sprint. All rights reserved. Sprint and the logo are trademarks of Sprint. Other marks are the property of their respective owners.