Membership in FinancialEdge Community Credit Union is open to:
- Individuals who reside, are employed, or who worship in the counties of Arenac, Bay, Midland, or Saginaw Michigan.
- Any person over the age of 55 who receives a retirement annuity, pension, social security, or similar retirement payment from private or government sources, and lives in, or belongs to a retirement organization located in the county, or in a county contiguous to the county where the credit union’s main office is located.
- Employees of this credit union.
- Members of the immediate families of the foregoing.
- Organizations incorporated or otherwise, composed for the most part of the same general group making up the membership outlined above.
- A spouse of a deceased member if elected to membership prior to remarriage.
Becoming a Member
To become a member of the Credit Union, you must complete a Membership Application and open a Share Account. The basic share deposit that you must always keep in your Share Account to retain membership is $5.00.
If you have questions or would like to become a member, please call our please call our Member Contact Center at (989) 892-6088 or (800) 610-2764 and press 5, or stop by one of our branch locations.
Dedicated to being an integral part of members' lives and our community since 1950.
Innovative financial services designed to fit today's lifestyles and tomorrow's ambitions.
Professional service with a personal touch.
Mission / Vision Statement
FinancialEdge is committed to providing exceptional service.
As a member-owned financial institution, FinancialEdge is dedicated to the core credit union philosophy of "People Helping People" - serving our community through sponsorship, volunteerism, education and leadership.
Our focus remains: Commitment. Value. Excellence. It's all about the Members.
FinancialEdge Community Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial cooperative owned and operated by its members. Our sole purpose is to assist our members in the sound management of their financial affairs. We are committed to providing high return savings and competitive sources of credit.
As a credit union member you share in the earnings through dividends paid on savings and reduced rates on loans. Each member also receives one vote, no matter how much he or she has on deposit. Elections are held each year at the Annual Meeting to fill open positions on the Board and the Credit Committee. The Supervisory Committee members are elected by the Board of Directors at a special organizational meeting.
The Board, Committees, CEO, and Staff of the credit union have responsibilities to be carried out in accordance with the credit union´s by-laws. The Board is responsible for the overall operation of the credit union. It sets policy. Staffing and the day-to-day operation of the credit union are the responsibilities of the CEO. The CEO reports to the Board regularly. The Credit Committee acts on loan requests, and the Supervisory Committee is responsible for the yearly credit union audit.Go to main navigation