Moving from Visa® to Mastercard®
We are always looking for ways to improve our offerings and add value and benefits for our FinancialEdge Credit Union members. For this reason, we will be converting all of our credit cards from Visa® to Mastercard® on May 18, 2018. Don’t worry! We are making every effort to make this transition as easy and seamless as possible for you.
Why the switch?
The reason to switch came after a careful review of both credit card programs where Mastercard proved to be a more innovative service provider for the credit union. Several benefits of Mastercard can be found here. Mastercard cards will work just like the Visa cards do, and are also accepted worldwide. Plus, once we convert in May, FinancialEdge Credit Union members will be able to control and protect their own credit cards right from their smart phone via the CardNav app.
What you need to know:
- Keep using your Visa credit card through May 17, 2018. This is the last day your Visa card will work.
- New Mastercards will be sent out the week of May 1. You will be receiving a new Mastercard card for each Visa credit account you have with FinancialEdge Credit Union.
- Your Personal Identification Number will change. You will receive a new PIN in the mail.
- If you are currently using your Visa card for recurring payments, please notify all your merchants with your new card number and info.
- Your new Mastercard will feature a new card number and expiration date. The credit limit will remain the same. If you would like your limit increased, please contact us at (989) 892-6088.
- There will be no impact on your credit reporting - the change in brand will not impact the history of payments or date the line was opened.
- After conversion, FinancialEdge Credit Union credit cards will work on:
- All new Mastercards will need to be activated on May 18.
I have UChoose Rewards points, what will happen to them?
If your present Visa credit card earns reward points and you have some outstanding, those will be transferred over to your new card and new rewards program (MyEdge Rewards) upon conversion. FinancialEdge CU's new rewards program will allow you the same flexibility of redeeming points when you want, but the new program will have a richer array of options.
Not a rewards member? Ask us about applying for a Rewards Mastercard.Go to main navigation